At last vacation, and by vacation i mean working, and by working I mean scrounging about for hours to eke myself through financial stupidity. However, I can finally allot myself the time to page through agents. 18 or so thus to have rejected my work. Fortunately, it’s received revisions and other missed corrections and narrative strengthening.
Video Game Development
Aside from this I’ve been spending an absurd amount of time on the ‘demo’ of my book as an RPG Game. It would need massive graphical overhauls to achieve the tinges of 50’s American atmosphere that’s present in the book.
Although in a relatively skeletal form I’ve made a lot of headway. This game would only cover Chapters 1-5 or abouts. If I keep striving for this it’ll receive more graphical tuning and asset revisions and creation. Battle System currently in early builds as a major game mechanic but unsure if this should be altered.
I hope I haven’t bitten off more than I can chew, but this would be a lovely little accompaniment to my book if ever released.
The exploits I’ve had, the memories made of once tangible worlds, have had their bridges incinerated by Janus. Those distinct character mutating spaces can never be entered for like a firework, the conditions, circumstances, and relationships have dissipated, leaving only fading scent of what was. Who I am now, is another mask with an already lined fresh coat of paint. A product of the river of the innumerable elements of reality; doomed to be strung out of reach of autonomy.
Oh, how my bulb has burnt out. Constant redrafting query letters for a slew of prospective agents, synopses of varying lengths, content tailored made for whatever agent I may decide ‘I guess that’ll work’ through their interest in my genera, and other conditionals has left me too weak.
Amidst university work and other art-related projects, it’s a slow process letting my filament heal, but I think soon, I’ll be able to delve back into the combative and time consuming task of finding an agent.
The State of the Book
I’ve revised the Grand Order to a point that most editing is superficial now. Thinking of doing anything makes me nauseous anymore. Largely, due to this late stage of revisions. At 120 thousand words, post massive rewrites where the book was at around 85-90 thousand, has rendered the manuscript thickly packed.
I do believe that my next work will be superior. However, at this point, aside from some extra chapters, and side content that exist in the periphery of the main story (and are largely for myself); there isn’t much to do, other than heading into the digital metropolis to seek more prospective agents. Alas, I suffer from directional incompetence.
I do, terribly and sincerely beg your pardon from including entries about matters aside from literature and the like, but I find that my pictorial arts to be of importance.
Since 2016 I’ve attempted this big art piece of five to six characters (depending upon the iteration), but every time I was unsatisfied with how it was coming along. Especially with the characters. I’ll be redrafting the background and hopefully create a more attractive setting.